1. Place assembled Bag-E-Wash™ on lower rack of dishwasher.
2. Connect bottom hooks onto dishwasher rack
3. With blue bands at full height place one large gallon size bag over both loops and secure by sliding ziplock seams into the four stay-put clips or adjust blue bands to proper height and place two quart size bags, one over each loop, and secure with stay-put clips.
Bag-E-Wash™ is designed to be used with zipper-style food storage bags. Bag-E-Wash™ is not designed to be used with deli bags or produce bags.
• For best results when washing gallon size bags place the bag over the blue bands so that the top of the bands go into the corners of the bag. This prevents the corners of the bag from folding over during the wash cycle and filling with water. Making an indent in the middle of the bag between the two bands so that the corners stick up like a dogs’ ears also helps (see photo). Surprisingly, the bags will pretty much hold this shape through the wash cycle.
• When connecting the bottom hooks onto the dishwasher rack, keep the hooks of the bands that are connected to each other within an inch or two of each other. This causes the band-loops to arch outward keeping the corners of the large bags supported.
• When attaching quart size bags onto the stay-put clips make sure the mouth of the bag is wide open.
• For maximum longevity we use freezer style bags, which come in quart and gallon size.